Subscribe via RSS Feed

St. John’s Episcopal Church

Filed in Churches by on August 12, 2010 • views: 2716

The postcard shows what is now the entrance to town at the intersection of Main Street and Franklin Turnpike as it appeared in 1908.

St. John’s Episcopal Church was built in 1906, dedicated as a memorial to Emma Crocker by her husband George Crocker on land donated Edwin Carpenter (founder, First National Bank of Ramsey).

Entering Town, St. John's Episcopal Church


The cars in the picture required goggles for the driver and driving clothes for all riders to deal with the dust thrown up from the unpaved roads of the time.

Tags: , , , ,

About the Author ()

Daniel Kennedy is a local history buff and a board member of the Ramsey Historical Association.

Comments (1)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

Sites That Link to this Post

  1. Town Entrance, circa 1930′s | Ramsey History | January 28, 2013
error: Content is protected !!