Subscribe via RSS Feed

Gallery

Villani’s Restaurant

Filed in Business by on December 5, 2014 0 Comments • views: 2169
Villani’s Restaurant

The view of Villani’s Restaurant in 1950 from Route 17, where patrons could enjoy “the finest food and and fountain service” either indoors or outdoors. The restaurant stood where the Howard Johnson’s used to be on Route 17, which has since been integrated into the Interstate Shopping Center.

READ ON

Town Entrance, circa 1930’s

Filed in Churches by on November 22, 2011 0 Comments • views: 1799
Town Entrance, circa 1930’s

Since the last time we saw it, the entrance to the town at Main Street and Franklin Turnpike where St. John’s Epsicopal church sits now features paved roads, a street light, curbs, and a number of new trees.

READ ON

St. John’s Episcopal Church

Filed in Churches by on August 12, 2010 1 Comment • views: 2276
St. John’s Episcopal Church

The postcard shows what is now the entrance to town at the intersection of Main Street and Franklin Turnpike as it appeared in 1908.

READ ON

Swiss Chalet

Filed in Business by on August 5, 2010 18 Comments • views: 6242
Swiss Chalet

Established in 1918 by Louise and Charles Pfuhl as a lunch and dinner restuarant.

READ ON

Woodie Ramoco Grill Diner

Filed in Business by on August 3, 2010 7 Comments • views: 2899
Woodie Ramoco Grill Diner

The Woodie Ramoco Grill Diner.

READ ON

H.R. Parvin Druggist

Filed in Business by on July 27, 2010 6 Comments • views: 18202
H.R. Parvin Druggist

Parvin’s Drugstore as it appeared on Main Street in Ramsey in 1908.

READ ON

Don Bosco Polish Institute, Ramsey, NJ

Filed in Education by on July 13, 2010 0 Comments • views: 2474
Don Bosco Polish Institute, Ramsey, NJ

The school was founded in 1915 by the Salesian Fathers and Brothers (a Roman Catholic religious order founded by Saint John Bosco) after a fire destroyed the Salesian school in Hawthorne, New York.

READ ON

Ramsey’s First High School

Filed in Education by on July 8, 2010 4 Comments • views: 2492
Ramsey’s First High School

Back on June 23rd the featured post card was of the original Dater School building. This postcard features a view from farther down the street “in color”, post the renovations of 1923.

READ ON

Forest Rest

Filed in Business by on July 1, 2010 1 Comment • views: 1463
Forest Rest

Depicted is a 1940 post card of a gas station and cabins along Route 2 called Forest Rest.

READ ON

Salo Workbench Company

Filed in Business by on June 24, 2010 0 Comments • views: 2769
Salo Workbench Company

These are two advertisements from 1951 for the Salo Workbench Company, in Ramsey, NJ. The first is for the cabinetmaker’s bench, the second the Salo all-purpose work bench both imported from Finland.

READ ON

Ramsey High School (Dater School)

Filed in Education by on June 23, 2010 7 Comments • views: 4643
Ramsey High School (Dater School)

Starting in 1912, the original Dater School building (torn down in 2006 to build the new grammar school) was the high school in Ramsey until 1937 when it switched to housing grades K-8.

READ ON

Original St. Paul’s RC Church

Filed in Churches by on June 15, 2010 3 Comments • views: 2389
Original St. Paul’s RC Church

The first St. Paul’s Church was dedicated by Bishop John O’Connor in 1904 for the some 43 adults and 43 children that made up the Roman Catholic population of Ramsey at the time.

READ ON

error: Content is protected !!